Gear Up. Get in the Action. Volunteer.
Have you ever thought about being a volunteer within your community fire department? Of the excitement? Of the service you could provide?
There’s an important place for you at ATFD no matter what volunteer opportunity you may be interested in.
Whether fighting fires, servicing the fire trucks, or volunteering in another capacity, you would be a vital volunteer at ATFD. All volunteers keep the companies running smoothly, so we can be prepared to help in emergencies.
- FIREFIGHTER OPERATIONS- These firefighters are involved in the work necessary to save lives and keep the community safe, including search and rescue, ladder placement, and forcible entry.
- RESCUE OPERATIONS– The rescue truck responds to specialized calls, including auto accidents, carbon monoxide alarms, and rescue calls.
- FIRE POLICE– Emergency scenes can be chaotic. It’s the duty of the fire police to handle public safety, including crowd and traffic control.
- NON-EMERGENCY OPERATIONS– Help comes in all forms. Non-emergency volunteers help with administrative duties, operations support, and community outreach, just to name a few positions.
- JUNIOR FIREFIGHTER PROGRAM– For those at least 16-years-old who are interested in volunteering, there is a special program to get them ready for full membership at 18!
What’s stopping you from gearing up? Ready to get in the action? Fill out an inquiry to learn more about getting involved.